Rockies vs. Padres Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 18
The San Diego Padres (72-78) take on the Colorado Rockies (56-93) after Juan Soto homered twice in a 10-1 victory over the Athletics. The game begins at 9:40 PM ET on Monday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Padres will send Michael Wacha (11-4) to the mound, while Ty Blach (3-1) will get the nod for the Rockies.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rockies vs. Padres Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: San Diego, California
- Venue: PETCO Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Wacha - SD (11-4, 3.43 ERA) vs Blach - COL (3-1, 4.64 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Rockies Injury Report|
|Padres vs Rockies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Padres vs Rockies Prediction|
|How to Watch Padres vs Rockies|
|Padres vs Rockies Odds|
Rockies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Ty Blach
- Blach (3-1 with a 4.64 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 64 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Rockies, his 11th of the season.
- The lefty's most recent appearance came on Wednesday against the Chicago Cubs, when he went five innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up nine hits.
- The 32-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.64, with 5.3 strikeouts per nine innings in 17 games this season. Opposing batters have a .322 batting average against him.
- Blach has two quality starts under his belt this season.
- Blach is looking for his fifth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 3.8 innings per start.
- He has had four appearances this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
Ty Blach vs. Padres
- The opposing Padres offense has a collective .241 batting average, and is 24th in the league with 1202 total hits and 14th in MLB play with 697 runs scored. They have the 15th-ranked slugging percentage (.413) and are 13th in all of MLB with 194 home runs.
- Head-to-head against the Padres this season, Blach has pitched three innings, giving up two earned runs on three hits.
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Michael Wacha
- Wacha (11-4) will take the mound for the Padres, his 22nd start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed four innings while giving up seven earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 3.43, a 2.56 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.214 in 21 games this season.
- In 21 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 10 of them.
- Wacha has started 21 games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings 16 times. He averages 5.5 innings per appearance.
- He has seven appearances with no earned runs allowed in 21 chances this season.
Michael Wacha vs. Rockies
- The Rockies have scored 667 runs this season, which ranks 18th in MLB. They have 1257 hits, 17th in baseball, with 144 home runs (28th in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Rockies in one game, and they have gone 6-for-23 with four doubles, a home run and four RBI over six innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.