Virginia Tech vs. LSU Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Final Four
Published: Mar. 30, 2023 at 1:39 AM MDT|Updated: Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:38 AM MDT
Friday's game between the LSU Lady Tigers (32-2) and the Virginia Tech Hokies (31-4) at American Airlines Center should be a competitive matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 68-66, with LSU securing the victory. Game time is at 7:00 PM ET on March 31.
The Hokies are coming off of an 84-74 victory over Ohio State in their most recent game on Monday.
Virginia Tech vs. LSU Game Info
- When: Friday, March 31, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET
- Where: American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch every women's tournament game and other live sports without cable!
Virginia Tech vs. LSU Score Prediction
- Prediction: LSU 68, Virginia Tech 66
Virginia Tech Schedule Analysis
- In their best win of the season, the Hokies took down the No. 12 Ohio State Buckeyes, 84-74, on March 27.
- The Hokies have the second-most Quadrant 1 victories in the nation (15).
- When facing Quadrant 2 opponents, Virginia Tech is 8-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the eighth-most victories.
Virginia Tech 2022-23 Best Wins
- 84-74 over Ohio State (No. 12/AP Poll) on March 27
- 73-64 over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on March 25
- 59-56 on the road over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on December 4
- 58-37 over Duke (No. 13/AP Poll) on March 4
- 61-45 at home over Duke (No. 13/AP Poll) on February 16
LSU Schedule Analysis
- In their signature win of the season, the Lady Tigers took down the No. 8 Utah Utes, 66-63, on March 24.
- The Lady Tigers have nine wins over Quadrant 1 teams, tied for the 15th-most in the country.
- LSU has nine wins versus Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the fourth-most in the nation.
LSU 2022-23 Best Wins
- 66-63 over Utah (No. 8/AP Poll) on March 24
- 76-68 at home over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on January 30
- 69-60 at home over Ole Miss (No. 21) on February 16
- 66-42 at home over Michigan (No. 18/AP Poll) on March 19
- 83-66 over Georgia (No. 32) on March 3
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Virginia Tech Performance Insights
- The Hokies have a +535 scoring differential, topping opponents by 15.3 points per game. They're putting up 72.4 points per game to rank 52nd in college basketball and are allowing 57.1 per contest to rank 26th in college basketball.
- With 68.9 points per game in ACC contests, Virginia Tech is averaging 3.5 fewer points per game in conference games compared to its season average (72.4 PPG).
- When playing at home, the Hokies are scoring 8.4 more points per game (75.5) than they are when playing on the road (67.1).
- Virginia Tech gives up 53.2 points per game at home this season, compared to 61.9 in away games.
- The Hokies have seen a decrease in scoring lately, racking up 68.9 points per game in their last 10 contests, 3.5 points fewer than the 72.4 they've scored this season.
LSU Performance Insights
- The Lady Tigers put up 81.8 points per game (fifth in college basketball) while allowing 56.7 per outing (23rd in college basketball). They have a +853 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 25.1 points per game.
- In conference play, LSU is putting up fewer points (77.3 per game) than it is overall (81.8) in 2022-23.
- At home, the Lady Tigers average 85.9 points per game. On the road, they average 77.2.
- LSU is conceding fewer points at home (52.8 per game) than on the road (63.2).
- In their previous 10 games, the Lady Tigers are scoring 72.4 points per game, compared to their season average of 81.8.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.