How to Watch Saint Mary's (CA) vs. VCU on TV or Live Stream - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 17, 2023 at 12:16 AM MDT|Updated: Mar. 17, 2023 at 12:16 PM MDT
A first-round NCAA Tournament matchup will see the 12th-seeded VCU Rams (27-7) hit the court against the No. 5 seed Saint Mary's Gaels (26-7) on Friday at MVP Arena. The contest starts at 2:00 PM.
Use our link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and tons of other live sports without cable!
Saint Mary's (CA) vs. VCU Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 2:00 PM ET
- Where: MVP Arena in Albany, New York
- TV: TBS
- Live Stream select March Madness games on fuboTV: Start your free trial today!
Watch college hoops all season without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to fuboTV!
Saint Mary's (CA) Stats Insights
- This season, the Gaels have a 45.8% shooting percentage from the field, which is 4.3% higher than the 41.5% of shots the Rams' opponents have knocked down.
- In games Saint Mary's (CA) shoots higher than 41.5% from the field, it is 22-2 overall.
- The Gaels are the 131st-ranked rebounding team in the nation, the Rams sit at 257th.
- The Gaels score 71.4 points per game, 8.5 more points than the 62.9 the Rams allow.
- Saint Mary's (CA) has a 23-4 record when scoring more than 62.9 points.
VCU Stats Insights
- The Rams' 46.5% shooting percentage from the field this season is five percentage points higher than the Gaels have given up to their opponents (41.5%).
- This season, VCU has a 21-3 record in games the team collectively shoots above 41.5% from the field.
- The Rams are the 257th-ranked rebounding team in the country, the Gaels sit at 123rd.
- The Rams score an average of 71.4 points per game, 11.3 more points than the 60.1 the Gaels allow.
- When VCU allows fewer than 71.4 points, it is 23-4.
Saint Mary's (CA) Home & Away Comparison
- Offensively Saint Mary's (CA) has played better when playing at home this season, posting 74.8 points per game, compared to 70 per game on the road.
- The Gaels are giving up 57.4 points per game this year in home games, which is 5.5 fewer points than they're allowing away from home (62.9).
- At home, Saint Mary's (CA) is sinking 1.2 fewer threes per game (7.9) than away from home (9.1). It also owns a lower three-point percentage at home (38%) compared to in away games (40.1%).
VCU Home & Away Comparison
- At home, VCU scores 73 points per game. On the road, it scores 68.7.
- The Rams concede 61.2 points per game at home, and 65.5 on the road.
- At home, VCU knocks down 6.1 3-pointers per game, 0.6 more than it averages away (5.5). However, its 3-point shooting percentage is lower at home (33.7%) than away (34.9%).
Saint Mary's (CA) Schedule
|2/25/2023||@ Gonzaga||L 77-68||McCarthey Athletic Center|
|3/6/2023||BYU||W 76-69||Orleans Arena|
|3/7/2023||Gonzaga||L 77-51||Orleans Arena|
|3/9/2023||Davidson||W 71-53||Barclays Center|
|3/11/2023||Saint Louis||W 90-78||Barclays Center|
|3/12/2023||Dayton||W 68-56||Barclays Center|
|3/17/2023||Saint Mary's (CA)||-||MVP Arena|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.