GJFD: house fire starts in attic, fueled by smoldering insulation

By  | 

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KJCT)-- The Grand Junction Fire Department responded to a fire that started in the attic of a house in the 2800 block of Paradise Way, near H and 26 Roads.

Crews pulled all of the insulation and ceiling material out of the home in order to extinguish the smolders, fire officials said. (Photo: Jay Greene)

Captain Eric Cox said the homeowner was working on a light in the kitchen, when he noticed insulation smoldering in the attic.

The smolders spread to every room in the house in the attic.

Insulation and ceiling material needed to be entirely removed house, fire officials said.

Luckily, no one was injured.

Officials said the house wasn't damaged by fire too badly, but most of the damage done was caused by the smolders.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus