UPDATE: to officer involved shooting, an arrest has been made
An arrest has been made with connection of the officer involved shooting that took place on Feb. 2, 2020 at the Maverik gas station.
This shooting is currently being investigated by the 21st Judicial District Critical Incident Response Team.
Jackson was arrested on the following charges:
• 2 Counts of First Degree Assault (Class 3 Felony)
• 2 Counts of Menacing with Deadly Weapon (Class 5 Felony)
• Resisting Arrest (M2)
• Possession of a Weapon by a Previous Offender (Class 5 Felony)
• Aggravated Motor Vehicle Theft, Less than $20,000 (Class 5 Felony)
• Criminal Impersonation (Class 6 Felony)
• Criminal Possession of a Financial Device, four or more (Class 5 Felony)
• Criminal Possession of an Identification Document, two or more (Class 6 Felony)
• Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance (Class 4 Drug Felony)
• Special Offender, sentence enhancer (Class 1 Drug Felony)
Jackson is currently being held in the Mesa County Detention Facility on a $1,000,000 Cash Bond.
For updated bond amounts visit Mesa County's Detention Facility website.
The case has been turned over to the 21st Judicial District Attorney's Office for review.