Neighbors rescue 2 people after home explodes

MACK, Colo. (KKCO/KJCT)-- Two people were sent to the hospital Sunday after a home exploded out in Mack. Both people were burned but are alive.

Security video given to KJCT News 8 shows the moment that a home in Mack exploded Sunday morning.

This happened on a property near Moro Castle Avenue and Clarkton in Mack. Several neighbors rushed over to the house, and a few of them made their way inside.

Two of those men were Benny and Brian Wilson, who live in the neighborhood. They say they went inside the house to help the two people.

"There were flames, and smoke all around me, and yeah, it was kind of nerve-racking to watch my two sons run into those flames," Benny said.

"I don't want to take any kind of credit or anything, for anything, that I have done. What really matters to me is that those two people are ok," Brian said.

While little is known about the two people inside the home when it exploded, neighbors tell say it was an elderly man and woman. Neighbors also say the man has been released from the hospital, and the woman was taken by Care Flight over to Denver.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus