Early morning fire on Main Street

By  | 

(GRAND JUNCTION, Colo.) KKCO-- An early morning BLAZE shut down Main Street in downtown Grand Junction.

It happened about 9:30 a.m., on July 17.

Grand Junction Fire tells us the small structural fire began in the kitchen of at Nepal Indian Restaurant.

There were no immediate threats to the neighboring businesses.

The fire department says a common alarm system between the buildings sounded when the fire started.

"The really great thing that happened was that people were notified early, 9-1-1 got called early and all of our crews were able to get here pretty quickly and limit the spread of that fire," said Spokesperson for GJFD Ellis Thompson-Ellis.

There were no injuries and the fire is still under investigation.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus