Car chase ends near Palisade High School, driver taken into custody
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KJCT) - Zachary Norvell, 30, was taken into custody on Sunday night after a police pursuit ended near Palisade High School.
The vehicle Norvell was driving in was reported stolen a few days prior.
Mesa County Sheriff Deputies attempted to make contact with Norvell around 10:30 p.m., and that’s when he attempted to flee authorities. During the chase, deputies used road spikes and a pit maneuver to stop him in his tracks. Norvell was then arrested without further incident.
Several stolen items were found in the vehicle, and a gun was found outside of the vehicle on the street.
Norvell is facing the following charges:
- Vehicular Eluding F5
- First Degree Aggravated Motor Vehicle Theft F4
- Warrant - Fugitive Other Jurisdiction
- Failure to stop at stop sign
- Obstructing Government Operations M3
- Possession of weapon by previous offender F6
- Driving Under the Influence
- Reckless Driving
- Driving Under Suspension
Copyright 2021 KJCT. All rights reserved.