Montrose man arrested following Methamphetamine seizure
DELTA, Colo. (KJCT) - A Montrose man is now behind bars and is being held on a $60,000 bond after an incident in Delta on Nov. 17.
The Delta Police Department identified the man as 34-year-old Claudio Quezada, of Montrose, who is facing charges a slew of charges in connection to a traffic stop that occurred around 2 a.m. on Tuesday. The PD says that Quezada was originally pulled over for displaying too dark of window tint, but soon realized the man was acting suspiciously. A K9 dog and handler were called in, and the K9 alerted officers of illegal narcotics within the vehicle.
In the possession of Quezada was 31.3 grams of Methamphetamine and a handgun. Methamphetamine was also found in a water bottle that the driver had in his possession.
The full list of charges Quezada is facing are listed below.
- Windows Obstructed
- Driving Motor Vehicle while Driver’s License Under Restraint
- Operating Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Unlawful Distribution of Controlled Substance
- Special Offender
- Tampering with Physical Evidence
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Copyright 2020 KJCT. All rights reserved.