Church collects school supplies to help kids in need
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KJCT) -
For the second year in a row, people donated backpacks at Downtown Vineyard Church for kids in need.
In those backpacks are school supplies for kids ages 8-12. The backpacks are full of supplies including folders, crayons, pencils, and notebook paper. The church partnered with The Center, a nonprofit that helps kids in tough situations.
“The center for children is actually a place that children that have been abused go and get the support and the help that they need. Whether they are doing in-home learning or they are going back to school, everyone needs a backpack. As a community I feel that we need to support them and be there for them,” says Compassion Director, Angela Scott.
You can drop off backpacks at any time.
· Backpack (large enough for a file folder)
· Package of pre-sharpened No. 2 yellow pencils
· Pink Erasers (no pencil tops)
· 1 box Crayola crayons
· 1 box Crayola skinny markers
· 1 pair of blunt point scissors (Fiskars)
· 1 glue stick
· 1 package of notebook paper (wide lined)
· 1 inch 3 ring binder
· 4 plain pocket folders
· 2 wide lined composition notebooks