Severe Weather Alerts
Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 5:50 am MDT on May 24, 2013, expires at: 9:00 PM MDT on May 25, 2013
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect until 9 PM MDT this evening for gusty winds...low humidity high Haines...and dry fuels for fire weather zones 207 below 8500 feet and 291 below 9500 feet... ...Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Saturday afternoon through Saturday evening for gusty winds...low humidity...and dry fuels for fire weather zones 207 below 8500 feet and 291 below 9500 feet...
- affected area...in Colorado...fire weather zone 207 Durango forecast area below 8500 feet...and fire weather zone 291 northern San Juan forecast area below 9500 feet.
- Winds...southwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
- Relative humidity...5 to 10 percent.
- Haines index...6.
- Impacts...strong gusty winds...low humidity...and dry fuels will combine to produce critical fire weather conditions and rapid fire growth if any fires ignite. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. Please advise the appropriate officials and affected field personnel of this red flag warning. A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.