Severe Weather Alerts
Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 2:33 PM MDT on May 22, 2013, expires at: 9:00 PM MDT on May 23, 2013
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Thursday for gusty winds...low humidity...dry fuels and Haines index of 6...for fire weather zones 290...292 and 293...for elevations below 9500 feet...
- affected area...in Colorado...fire weather zone 290 Paradox Valley forecast area...fire weather zone 292 North Fork forecast area and fire weather zone 293 Gunnison basin forecast area.
- Winds...southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
- Relative humidity...7 to 12 percent.
- Haines index...6.
- Impacts...strong gusty winds...low humidity...and dry fuels will combine to produce critical fire weather conditions and rapid fire growth if any fires ignite. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are expected to occur. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. Please advise the appropriate officials and affected field personnel of this red flag warning.