Severe Weather Alerts
Fire Weather Warning:
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM MDT this evening for gusty winds...low humidity...dry fuels and high Haines index of 6 for fire weather zone 207... ...Red flag warning in effect from 10 am to 9 PM MDT Friday for gusty winds...low humidity...dry fuels and high Haines index of 6 for fire weather zone 207... The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a red flag warning for gusty winds...low humidity...and dry fuels... which is in effect from 10 am to 9 PM MDT Friday.
- Affected area...in Colorado...fire weather zone 207 Durango forecast area.
- Winds...south 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
- Relative humidity...5 to 10 percent.
- Haines index...6 high.
- Impacts...rapid fire growth on any wildfires or prescribed Burns and agricultural Burns is possible. Open burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. Please advise the appropriate officials and affected field personnel of this red flag warning.