Severe Weather Alerts
Fire Weather Watch:
Issued at: 2:54 am MDT on May 21, 2013, expires at: 9:00 PM MDT on May 23, 2013
- ...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Thursday afternoon through Thursday evening for gusty winds...low humidity...and dry fuels for fire weather zones 290...292 and 293...below 9500 feet... The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a Fire Weather Watch for gusty winds...low humidity...and dry fuels... which is in effect from Thursday afternoon through Thursday evening.
- Affected area...in Colorado...fire weather zone 290 Paradox Valley forecast area...fire weather zone 292 North Fork forecast area and fire weather zone 293 Gunnison basin forecast area.
- Winds...southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
- Relative humidity...7 to 12 percent.
- Impacts...strong gusty winds...low humidity...and dry fuels may combine to produce critical fire weather conditions and the potential for rapid fire growth. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.