Severe Weather Alerts
Fire Weather Warning:
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM MDT Thursday for fire weather zones 207 below 9000 feet...482 below 7000 feet and 483 below 6500 feet for gusty winds...low humidity...high Haines index...and dry fuels...
- affected area... in southwest Colorado... fire weather zone 207 Durango forecast area below 9000 feet. In northeast Utah... fire weather zone 482 western Uinta Basin below 7000 feet...and fire weather zone 483 southern Ashley National Forest below 6500 feet.
- Winds...west to northwest winds will decrease tonight. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph will redevelop during he late morning and afternoon hours on Thursday.
- Relative humidity...5 to 10 percent.
- Haines index...6 high.
- Impacts...rapid fire growth on any wildfires or prescribed Burns and agricultural Burns is possible. Open burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. Please advise the appropriate officials and affected field personnel of this red flag warning. For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit... http://weather.Gov/gjt (all lower case)