Report: Arrest warrant issued for Pats Hernandez

An arrest warrant was issued for New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez on Friday in connection with a murder investigation.

The warrant for obstruction of justice was issued by Massachusetts State Police after finding Hernandez's home security system and cell phone destroyed, according to multiple reports.

Police searched Hernandez's home Thursday after obtaining a search warrant.

Law enforcement sources told ABC News that the security system was intentionally damaged and Hernandez's cellphone had been shattered.

Hours before Odin Lloyd was murdered, surveillance video showed Hernandez with Lloyd in Hernandez's North Attleborough, Mass., neighborhood earlier in the week.

Also, the Boston Globe reported that Hernandez and Lloyd were likely together in Boston early Monday morning, according to video footage.

Lloyd, 27, was found by a jogger shot in the back of the head Monday evening in an industrial park near Hernandez's home. The investigation has centered on the Patriots' 23-year-old tight end. He has not been ruled out as a suspect.

It is believed that Lloyd died between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. Monday.

Police visited Hernandez's home Tuesday and Wednesday, then returned with a warrant Thursday. They questioned Hernandez about why the home security system and cell phone were destroyed and why a team of house cleaners was hired Monday to clean his home.

According to, Hernandez visited Gillette Stadium on Thursday, although coaches and players were on vacation and owner Robert Kraft and other team executives were also not there. Reportedly, the only players there were a few rookies.

Lloyd was a linebacker for the semi-pro Boston Bandits. There were indications that he was shot and the body dumped in the industrial park. Lloyd had practiced with the team on Saturday.

Lloyd was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend and mother of his child, at the time of Lloyd's death. uncovered two incidents in which Hernandez was associated with guns and police. obtained a Providence, R.I., police report that detailed an incident in which police found a gun disposed under a car after a Jets fan confronted Hernandez at 2:26 a.m. on May 18, though there was no evidence that the gun belonged to Hernandez.

In 2007, Hernandez was interviewed by Gainesville, Fla., police about a shooting that occurred after Florida's 20-17 loss to Auburn. Hernandez was not considered a suspect. His mother confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel that her son and a friend from Connecticut were in a nightclub near where the shooting took place.

On Tuesday, the story of a lawsuit in Florida emerged in which Alexander S. Bradley alleged that Hernandez pointed a gun at him and it discharged while they were riding in a vehicle, striking Bradley in the face and resulting in the loss of his right eye and other facial injuries that required surgery. According to the suit, the two men had argued outside a strip club.

Bradley is seeking $100,000 in damages. The suit was filed earlier this month and withdrawn four days later, but USA Today reported that there was a paperwork error and it would be re-filed Wednesday.

2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 230098711 -
Gray Television, Inc.