More people were ordered to evacuate today as the Weber Fire continued to grow near Mancos.
Officials say the flames have scorched more than 6,800 acres as of Sunday night at 10:00 pm. They do expect that number to rise because of high fire activity throughout the day.
A total of 135 homes are now under mandatory evacuation orders; that number is up 25 since 5:00 pm Sunday.
More than 400 other homes, including the entire town of Mancos, have been issued pre-evacuation orders.
"Firefighters spent much of the day defending a number of subdivisions today," officials said. "The flames got pretty close to some of the homes, even into those subdivisions."
Officials are not sure if any homes were damaged, but they know none have been destroyed.
"So far, they've been putting up a heck of a fight to save these structures. And so far, they haven't lost."
AT&T service was knocked out for part of the morning Sunday because some power lines were burned down. That service and power, we're told, has been restored.
Firefighters have also dumped retardant in a circle around the communication sites near the flames.
Several other fires threatening more structures in Colorado made firefighting efforts tougher for crews on the Weber Fire Sunday. Officials say many of their aircraft were diverted to the Front Range as flames in that area continued to spread.
A federal Type 2 team of firefighters has taken over management of the Weber Fire. Fire crews have 0% containment and are still trying to determine what caused the fire.