Wednesday was a scary day for Corrine Pitman and her little boy, Thaddeus.
They were eating breakfast with the rest of their family at Dream Café in Grand Junction. The next thing she knew Thaddeus stopped breathing, he was none responsive, and started turning blue.
She’d seen these signs before. Her other son had suffered similar seizures when he was younger.
Staff at the restaurant quickly called 9-1-1, talked her through what to do, and even offered CPR assistance. Arriving paramedics took over.
Now Thaddeus is better and his mother is grateful for those who stepped up to help that day.
“We can't thank them enough for their quick response and willingness to help,” Corrine Pitman said. “It wasn't just the person who called 9-1-1. It was another waitress and all the patrons that were willing to help. I just want to say thank you.”
Corrine tells us that doctors checked and say Thaddeus doesn't show any signs of choking. His seizure was brought on by fever.
She says if you saw Thaddeus now, you'd never imagine that he had been in the hospital just days ago.