The Grand Junction Fire Department responded to a chimney fire at a house in the Redlands Friday around 2:00 p.m.
A chimney fire started at a home located at 2233 W. Tiffany Ct.
All residents inside the home at the time of the fire were able to get out of the house safely.
According to Mike Page with the Grand Junction Fire Department, firefighters were able to put the fire out rather quickly but there's still fairly significant damage.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the chimney and attic. They were forced to cut a hole in the side of the house near the chimney to gain access.
There's no estimate of damage at this time.