Fire contained, residents back home near Craig
Firefighters near Craig are blaming a discarded cigarette for the 2,000 acre grass fire Tuesday night that forced several people to evacuate.
The fire started in the afternoon and threatened at least one home, but fire crews were able to stop the flames in time.
The blaze has been contained and residents are back in their homes. No one was injured and no homes were lost.
Copyright 2013 KJCT. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
The following are comments from our users. Opinions expressed are neither created nor endorsed by KJCT-TV or KJCT8.com. Comments are moderated by the community. To report an offensive or otherwise inappropriate comment, click the "Flag" link that appears beneath that comment. Comments that are flagged will alert our editorial staff.