The Mesa County Coroner has released the cause of death of William and Tyler Jensen. The two boys were found unconscious in their mother's vehicle on November 27.
According to the coroner, the cause of death was Hyperthermia and the manner of death was an accident.
Experts said Hyperthermiais caused by elevated body temperature due to failed thermoregulation that occurs when a body produces or absorbs more heat than it releases.
The Jensen boys became sick after being left in the running vehicle near Powderhorn.
The Mesa County Sheriff's office has been conducting the investigation into the two deaths.
There's no word if the boys' mother will face charges for leaving them unattended in the vehicle.
In early December, a release from the sheriff's office stated no arrests or arrest documents have been obtained, filed, or executed.
KJCT will continue to follow this developing story and deliver more details as soon as they become available.