5 topics for CO's marijuana regulators
Colorado's new marijuana regulators will consider five areas for potential recreational pot rules. The areas of concern are:
- REGULATORY FRAMEWORK: The task force will look at big-picture regulation questions, including which alcohol regulations make sense for use on pot.
- LOCAL AUTHORITY: Marijuana regulators will examine what counties and cities can do to regulate recreational marijuana.
- TAXES AND CIVIL LAW: Marijuana regulators will tackle how to make sure pot taxes are collected and how to help the industry access banking services.
- CRIMINAL LAW: Marijuana users can expect a long list of usage rules, including an analogy to "open container" alcohol laws.
- CONSUMER SAFETY: Marijuana regulators need to figure out how to keep the state's marijuana supply safe and how to keep the drug away from minors.
source: Amendment 64 task force
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
The following are comments from our users. Opinions expressed are neither created nor endorsed by KJCT, its web masters or its television management. Comments are moderated by the community. To report an offensive or otherwise inappropriate comment, click the "Flag" link that appears beneath that comment. Comments that are flagged will alert our editorial staff.