With news of a massive recall involving Honda, Nissan, Toyota and Mazda, check out the biggest auto recalls in U.S. history.
With news of a massive recall involving an estimated 3.4 million ,Honda, Nissan, Toyota and Mazda models, check out the 11 biggest auto recalls in U.S. history as ranked by MSN Autos.
10. General Motors (2004) -- 3.66 million vehicles recalled over tailgate cable failure
9. (tie) Honda (1995) -- 3.7 million Acura Legends, Acura Integras, Acura NSXs, Honda Accords, Honda Civics and Honda Preludes recalled over a faulty seatbelt buckle
9. (tie) Volkswagen (1972) -- 3.7 million Beetles recalled over loose windshield wipers
8. General Motors (1973) -- 3.71 million Buick Centurions, Electras, Estate Wagons, LeSabres and Rivieras; Chevy Bell Airs, Biscaynes, Brookwoods, Caprices, Impalas, Kingswoods, Kingswood Estates and Townsmans; Oldsmobile 88s and 98s; Pontiac Bonnevilles, Grand Villes and Catalinas recalled over stone-guard assembly issues
7. Ford (1972) -- 4.07 million Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles recalled over seatbelts fraying and detaching
6. General Motors (1981) -- 5.82 million Buick Centuries and Regals; Chevy El Caminos, Malibus and Monte Carlos; GMC Caballeros; Oldsmobile Cutlasses; Pontiac Grand Prixes and LeManses recalled over a rear-suspension bolt failure
5. Toyota (2010) -- 6.67 million Toyota Avalons, Camrys, Corollas, Corolla Matrixes, Highlanders, Priuses, RAV4s, Tacomas and Tundras; as well as various Lexus models recalled over unintended acceleration
4. General Motors (1971) -- 6.7 million Chevy Bel Airs, Brookwoods, Camaros, Caprices, Chevy IIs, G Series, Impalas, Kingswoods, Novas, P Series, C Series and Townsmans; GMC C Series, G Series and P Series recalled over engine-mount failure
3. Toyota (2012) -- 7.43 million Yarises, RAV4s, Tundras, Camrys, Camry Hybrids, Scion xDs, Scion xBs, Sequoias, Highlanders, Highlander Hybrids, Corollas and Matrixes recalled over a driver's side power window problem
2. Ford (1996) -- 7.9 million Ford Aerostars, Broncos, Crown Victorias, Escorts, Mustangs, Tempos and Thuderbirds; Ford F-Series trucks; Lincoln Town Cars; and Mercury Cougars, Grand Marquises and Topazes recalled over a faulty ignition switch
1. Ford (2009) -- More than 14 million Ford Explorers, Excursions, Rangers, Windstars, E-150s and E450s, and F-150s and F-450s; and Mercury Mountaineers recalled over a cruise-control switch prone to spontaneous combustion
Sign up for Breaking News, Daily Headlines, Severe Weather Alerts & more!