'The Doctors' offer healthy halloween tricks & tips
On Tuesday October 30, The Doctors will ditch their lab coats and scrubs to dress up as some of their favorite talk show host counterparts and reveal healthy Halloween tricks and tips to help keep your child safe from the potential dangers that may occur on Halloween.
Make sure your child's costumes are safe:
· Makeup should be non-toxic so it doesn't cause skin irritation or rashes
· Costumes need to be fire retardant
· Children should be able to see through masks without obstruction
· Knives or swords should be soft — made out of cardboard or other flexible materials
Prior to sending your kids out trick-or-treating kids should:
· Eat a full dinner so they are not hungry and tempted to eat their candy
· Memorize their phone number in case they get lost
· Place reflective strips on their costumes so cars can easily spot them
Important rules kids should follow on Halloween:
· Use flashlights or glow sticks
· If there is no sidewalk, walk toward oncoming cars, not in the same direction as the cars are moving
· Don't ride a bike or wear rollerblades
· Don't enter a stranger's house
· Have a buddy system
· Don't eat any candy before returning home — parents need to inspect the sweets
KJCT wants to wish everyone a safe and happy Halloween.
Copyright 2012 KJCT. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
The following are comments from our users. Opinions expressed are neither created nor endorsed by KJCT, its web master or its television station management. These comments are moderated by the community. To report an offensive or otherwise inappropriate comment, click the "Flag" link that appears beneath that comment. Comments that are flagged will alert our editorial staff.