The 4th of July is right around the corner, which means it's time to take a look at the biggest fireworks celebrations across the U.S.
The 4th of July is right around the corner, which means it's time to start thinking about where the best and biggest celebrations occur around the country.
Here are 12 U.S. cities known for their big pyrotechnic celebrations. The cities are ranked based on their celebrations' attendance, amount of explosive material and length of show.
Take a look at the biggest fireworks celebrations across the U.S.
12. Aurora, CO. Light Up The Night. A 20-minute drive from Denver, Aurora draws 100,000 visitors for its 25-minute show.
8. Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, Tennessee2007 Population: 1,521,4372011 Population: 1,617,142Percent Change: 6.29GDP Compound Annual Growth: 1.37%
10. St. Louis, MO. Fair St. Louis. This celebration attracts half a million viewers every year for a 20-minute show that some compare to a 3-D laser show because of how the fireworks reflect off the stainless steel legs of the Gateway Arch.
9. Seattle, WA. Seattle's Family 4th Celebration. When this celebration was almost cancelled in 2010 after its main sponsor, Washington Mutual, collapsed, the community raised $500,000, enough needed to put on the show. This year, they did it again.
8. San Francisco, CA. Fisherman's Wharf Fireworks Extravaganza. When this 21-minute-long show, which expects a good 600,000 attendees every year, is over, go dancing – live entertainment is offered in the Pier 39 Entrance Plaza.
7. Philadelphia, PA. Sunoco Welcome America Celebration. Philadelphia's show, which follows a full week of celebrations that costs the city up to $2.1 million, attracts 500,000 viewers every year.
6. Lake Tahoe, CA. Lights on the Lake. This celebration receives around 100,000 visitors every year for its 23-minute show of 5,000 fireworks, which are shot from a barge in the middle of the lake.
5. Washington, D.C. A Capitol Fourth. This show on the National Mall shoots 66,000 pounds of fireworks for its 500,000 visitors and is set to a soundtrack by The National Symphony Orchestra.
4. Boston, MA. Boston Pops Firework Spectacular. Boston's show is easily one of the most well known, and, at $2.5 million for the entire show, one of the most expensive. Over 20,000 pounds of fireworks are set off as 500,000 revelers look on.
3. Addison, TX. Kaboom Town! Addison's 30-minute show, which can be seen from anywhere in Addison, is a three-decade old tradition that attracts a good 500,000 viewers.
2. Atlantic City, NJ. Atlantic City Firework Spectacular. Atlantic City's show has two parts, making it one of the longest in the country. The first 22-minute show over the Marina is followed by a 24-minute display along the beach and boardwalk.
1. New York, NY. Macy's Firework Spectacular. By far the biggest in the country, Macy's annual firework show over the Hudson River regularly attracts around 2 million people. The 26-minute show, which sets off approximately 75,000 pounds of fireworks, begins between 9 p.m. and 9:20. Vantage points are scattered all over the West Side and New Jersey.
To read more about these celebrations, go to Travel.AOL.com.
Sign up for Breaking News, Daily Headlines, Severe Weather Alerts & more!