GJFD responds to trailer fire behind home

By: Courtney Carter Email
By: Courtney Carter Email

Grand Junction, Colo. – The Grand Junction Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire at 371 Rosevale Road this morning. It turned out that the fire was in a trailer behind the residence.

At exactly 6:17 a.m., crews arrived on scene and were able to get the owner out of the trailer in time. It took firefighters approximately 30 minutes to completely extinguish the fire and it did not spread. The trailer was a complete loss and damage is estimated to be approximately $7,500.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a blanket that caught on fire from a nearby space heater. The National Fire Protection Association (NTPA) recommends a 3-foot around space heaters and to turn off the heaters when leaving the room where they are located.

No one was injured.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 239754131 - kjct8.com/a?a=239754131
Gray Television, Inc.