13 kids hospitalized after visiting hotel pool

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. Thirteen children were briefly hospitalized Monday after complaining of burning eyes and itchy throats after swimming in a hotel pool.

The boys and girls were aged 6 to 17. All swallowed water from a pool Sunday at a Homewood Suites near Denver International Airport.

KUSA-TV reports that the kids were released an hour later and that all are fine. They were back at the hotel Monday. The kids belong to a Young Marines group visiting from Delaware.

The pool was closed Monday. The Denver health department says chlorine levels in the pool were a little ow, but they're not sure if that's what made the kids sick.

Other people in the pool were not affected.

The general manager of the hotel says they've never had any issues like this.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
2531 Blichmann Avenue Grand Junction, CO 81505
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 271850621 - kjct8.com/a?a=271850621
Gray Television, Inc.