TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF FATALITIES AND ACCIDENTS CAUSED BY DISTRACTED DRIVERS; TEENS AND ADULTS.
Distracted driving is a growing trend, and a national epidemic, quickly becoming one of the country’s top killers. Drivers assume they can handle talking or texting while driving and remain safe, but the numbers don’t lie.
Texting While Driving Causes:
1,600,000 accidents per year – National Safety Council
2. 330,000 injuries per year – Harvard Center for Risk Analysis Study
3. 11 teen deaths EVERY DAY – Ins. Institute for Hwy Safety Fatality Facts
4. Nearly 25% of ALL car accidents
Texting While Driving Is:
About 6 times more likely to cause an accident than driving intoxicated
2. The same as driving after 4 beers – National Hwy Transportation Safety Admin.
3. The number one driving distraction reported by teen drivers
Texting While Driving:
1. Makes you 23X more likely to crash – National Hwy Transportation Safety Admin.
2. Is the same as driving blind for 5 seconds at a time – VA. Tech Transportation Institute
3. Takes place by 800,000 drivers at any given time across the country
4. Slows your brake reaction speed by 18% – Human Factors & Ergonomics Society
5. Leads to a 400% increase with eyes off the road
click to enlarge