General Rules Covering KJCT Contests
General Rules Covering KJCT and KJCT8.com Contests
These are the general rules covering our contests and promotions. If you ever have a question, please contact Dylan Hardy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or LuAnn Hasbrouck (email@example.com).
1. How to play: No purchase necessary. Each contest has instructions on how to enter and what is needed to enter.
2. Eligibility: To enter any contest you must be a legal U.S. resident and reside in the following Colorado counties: Mesa, Delta, Montrose, Garfield, and Montezuma. Entrants under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign for them if they receive a prize.) Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Pikes Peak Television, Inc. and its affiliated parent (News Press and Gazette), and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents ("Contest Entities"), entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of these sweepstakes and their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible to participate in contest.
3. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes allowed except at sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent expenses such as (but not limited to) gas, insurance, and maintenance arising from this contest, will be the sole responsibility of each winner. Prize must be claimed within ten working days of winning (or sooner, depending on prize.)
4. Prize Conditions: Potential winner(s) will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release ("Affidavit/Release"). If the potential winner fails to complete the document at the time she/he picks up the prize, is found to be ineligible, or does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner will be disqualified. Prizes are nontransferable. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this contest will be the sole responsibility of each winner. Except where prohibited by law, the use winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use said winner's name, initials, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media (including KJCT8.com) in perpetuity, without further compensation.
5. Contest Conditions: This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Contest Administrator and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Entrants generally may enter each contest only once, unless specifically noted. Winners and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages, or losses to any person, including death, or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest. In most cases, once a person has won a prize, he/she will have two weeks (10 working days) in order to claim it (this may vary depending on type of prize and promotion), and contest winner will be ineligible to win another prize through KJCT8.com or KJCT TV for thirty (30) days.
6. Limitations of Liability: Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, or incomplete entries. KJCT and/or Sponsor(s) may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
7. If the winner is instructed by KJCT or its affiliates to personally pick up a prize, it must be claimed within ten working days of winning or by the date specified in the contest rules. Upon pick-up of prize, proper photo identification (i.e. valid driver's license, passport) from the winner is required.
8. KJCT will not remind winners of the deadline for claiming their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the specified timeframe. All unclaimed prizes after thirty days will automatically be forfeited and may be awarded to another contestant. KJCT is at liberty to give away any unclaimed prize at the end of the thirty-day grace period.
9. Under "unique circumstances," a representative designated by the winner may be allowed to accept the prize. Written authorization from the winner including representative's name, ID, and a photocopy of the winner's valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required. KJCT will qualify what constitutes a "unique circumstance."
10. In the event that a winner voluntarily chooses to not accept a prize, he/she automatically forfeits all claims to that prize. KJCT then has the right, but not the obligation, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
11. KJCT may substitute another prize of equal value, in the event of non-availability of a prize.
12. KJCT is not responsible for any defective prizes.
13. KJCT is not responsible for any computer, browser, server, or other equipment malfunction that may or may not interfere with contest entries. Winners will be selected only from entries received by the deadline.
14. Employees of KJCT, its advertising agencies, their affiliates, representatives, and their families or households are ineligible to enter/win any contest staged on KJCT owned and operated web sites.
15. KJCT, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resulting from any contests staged by KJCT.
16. Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of KJCT and may be enacted at any time. Basic Contest Rules and addenda are available for review during regular business hours at the KJCT office located at 8 Foresight Circle, Grand Junction, CO 81505. A copy of the rules can be requested through the mail or by sending e-mail to Dylan Hardy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or LuAnn Hasbrouck (email@example.com).
17. To receive a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: KJCT-TV, 8 Foresight Circle, Grand Junction, CO 81505. Please specify name of Contest and either "Rules" or "Winners."